Title: Logistics Manager
Reports To: Director of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and oversees the shipping and receiving of product and materials
- Plans deliveries by organizing truck loads and delivery schedules for timely shipments
- Oversees the proper packing and loading of completed product
- Oversees the preparation of delivery documents for drivers
- Monitors freight cost and completes cost analysis
- Oversees incoming deliveries for accuracy and proper department distribution
- Other related duties as required
- Ability to plan in detail
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, planning, and organization skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and make appropriate decisions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- May require forklift certification
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent GED; Associates degree in Administration or related discipline, preferred. 5 to 7 years of logistics/transportation experience preferably in a high volume manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level is frequently loud.
Management reserves the right to change above description as necessary without notice.
*** PLEASE NOTE: POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY ***
DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU ARE WITHING REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT PROVIDED
WE DRUG SCREEN PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH WORK EXPERIENCE AND SALARY REQUIREMENT FOR CONSIDERATION. REQUESTS FOR EMAIL OR PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE REPLIED TO.