The Transportation Member Service Representative (MSR) is part of a dynamic team that arranges thousands of trips for our members each month for medical appointments. Coordination and collaboration with medical professionals and transportation providers is key to ensure that members receive their necessary care in a timely manner. Excellence in customer service, organization and planning is the foundation of the MSR position.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Answers calls from members, families, medical professionals and community liaisons regarding transportation requests for non-emergency medical appointments.
- Analyzes various transportation scenarios to determine the optimal service provider which meet the needs and care requirements of our member.
- Process service requests and create authorizations to communicate transportation details to partners.
- Assess last minute requests and collaborate with team to arrange needed transportation.
- Fields calls from members or member advocates regarding grievances.
- Exemplify the highest degree of customer service to all internal and external partners.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Customer service and scheduling experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates in Communications, English, Public Relations or related field, or the equivalent preferred.
- Excellent oral, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service, planning and organizational skills required.
- Accuracy and attention to details and follow through.
- Ability to handle large volume of calls with members, providers, community organizations.
- PC skills including data base entry and Microsoft Office required.
- Speech, visual, and hearing ability sufficient to express and comprehend written and verbal communication.
- Ability to sit 90 percent of the day.
Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Category III - Employee who rarely has contact with blood and body fluids.