Maybe it's our bright outlook on life. Or, maybe it's the happiness found in our many products. Whatever it is, Sunkist puts a fresh twist on all of its career offerings.
Join our team and discover a freshly-squeezed, refreshing career.
This position reports to Finance, with a dotted line to Transportation. This position supports the overall accuracy and integrity of financial transactions related to Operation and Transportation including validation, reconciliation and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Serve as primary financial liaison between Transportation Operations and Finance
- Lead and support activities that maintain effective controls and best practice procedures.
- Financial oversight and reconciliation of the various operations programs to include Trade Incentive, Lemon Loyalty and Service Charge Programs.
- Manage general accounting operations of Transportation, including but not limited to reviewing expenses, creating journal entries, monthly invoicing, account reconciliation, coordination and validation of all related month-end accruals and journal entries, and monthly reporting.
- Lead activities related to the preparation of Transportation’s annual budget and quarterly forecast updates, provide insight to improve forecasting accuracy through analysis of results.
- In conjunction with Transportation Director, provide financial analysis and performance insights on results (revenue and expense) in relation to prior year, budget and forecast, analyze and report on significant variances as required. Identify and raise trends to both Transportation and Finance management making recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Provide general accounting and analytical support for Fresh Fruit Export Pool, including reporting of pool position to management, coordination and preparation of annual budget and quarterly projection updates, and analysis of pool performance to prior periods and forecasted results.
- Identify and prepare ad hoc reporting supporting analysis and for evaluation of results against performance metrics.
- Proper freight invoice coding and re-charging for miscellaneous invoicing related to export, import and domestic freight.
- Conducts self in professional manner.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit, including special projects.
- In preparation for nightly invoice interface, freight batch processing for both domestic and export within current FFM operations system.
- Cross-training from the Documentation and Payables Coordinator position which resides within the Transportation department. Duties include but not limited to, weekly corporate fruit pooling process, Global Import liquidation/finalization and reconciliation of Global warehouse inventories.
- Cross training on Transportation services including the handling of daily dispatch of shipments, input manifest entry into existing FFM operation s system as well as invoice collection prior to vessel settlement from various vendors associated with the Global Sourcing Import program.
- Extensive contact throughout all divisions and levels of Sunkist as well as outside business partners.
- Maintains a neat work area, professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- Participate in relevant training as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or work experience equivalent: at leastthree years’ experience in accounting/finance showing increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills, in both PC and large ERP system environments. MS NAV Preferred. Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, familiarity with macros), proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Advance mathematical skills.
- Must possess strong collaboration skills and ability to proactively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly with on-the-job training.
- Must possess the ability to interpret and communicate issues, problems and results.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written.
| || |
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (List not all inclusive)
Measurements: 67-100% of time = Continuously, 45-66% of time = Frequently, 66% of time = Occasionally
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential functions consistent with Sunkist standards, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Sunkist standard, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to: talk, listen and speak effectively on telephone; read, write and understand written documents and policy; sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to type or otherwise work primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
- Must be able to spend extended period of time viewing computer screen and/or operating a keyboard.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to stand; walk short distances; pull and/or push; grasp; reach; bend; stoop; kneel; crouch.
- Moderate Carrying – must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. for filing and retention purposes (rare).
- Must be able to bend or stoop to file documents.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR THIS POSITION
- Will use and be responsible for a company provided laptop, PC or equivalent.
- Normal office equipment such as printers, scanners, fax machines.
- Desk landline phone.
Must have the ability to:
- Be detail oriented and accurate, as this position requires a high degree of accuracy (i.e. preparation of shipper payments, divisional invoicing, etc.)
- Be ethical, honest and work with integrity since this position deals with and affects the financial aspects of the organization (both in recording transactions and in reporting).
- Think critically and analytically since this position requires analysis of changes in account balances as well as assessing the reasonableness and propriety of account activity.
- Understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Use problem-solving skills to be able to resolve and propose solutions to general process impediments.
- Have the commitment to continuous improvement.
- Work individually and in a team for the purpose of collaborating and completing projects.
- Organize and prioritize own work.
- Works in an office environment subject to continuous interruptions and mild to moderate background noises.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasional exposed to moving mechanical parts (i.e. office equipment).
- Work may include extended periods of time viewing a computer monitor and or operating a keyboard.
- Must work in office Monday – Friday. A regular telework schedule will not be considered.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between Sunkist and its employees.
Well now that all the boring stuff HR makes us put in the job description is out of the way, what is this job really about? We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas and a commitment to excellence. At Sunkist, we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information, generating ideas and creative solutions, working in teams and developing people to add value.
Behind our history of innovation and commitment to market leadership is a company devoted to providing continued education, excellent benefits and good working conditions. We provide all the resources you need to support your professional development, including:
- A variety of choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
- 401K retirement savings plan, Match+
- Generous paid holiday and vacation benefits
- Internal and external training
- Generous educational assistance
- An open job posting system
Sunkist is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
For more information about Sunkist, please visit our Employment page at:https://www.sunkist.com/careers/