You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
Reporting to the Sr. Category Manager, you will work in the Centralized Transportation Control center and are primarily responsible for planning and scheduling transportation for specified Sonoco plants and suppliers.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Be actively involved in resolving service issues, defining the business units requirements, and participation in division planning sessions.
- Utilize the Transportation Management software to optimally plan and schedule transportation services, being able to maintain and adjust the system parameters and constraints.
- Be able to extract and manipulate the data from the TMS for financial analysis.
- Meet productivity and customer service level targets.
- Provide support to the plants for LTL, small parcel, expedited shipments, and carrier management.
- Be able to balance the cost/service relationship, be an excellent communicator, and be able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Lead the sourcing efforts with the carriers to refresh lane pricing to achieve productivity and service goals.
- Be able to balance the cost/service relationship, have good people skills, excellent work ethic, be an excellent communicator, and be able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Coordinates the resolution of service complaints including issues corrective action to prevent future service failures
- Problem solving and process improvement
- Maintain lowest cost/service level options to meet/exceed customer requirements
- Track and monitor carrier compliance and financial savings
- Work closely with division Logistics Managers to meet inventory requirements, explore modal options to reduce costs and improve service
- Track and develop dedicated options
- Schedule truckload shipments with carriers, plants suppliers and customers
This position is located in beautiful Hartsville, SC at our Global Headquarters.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience. Preferably experience planning transportation within a Transportation Management System although other operational or customer service experience would be considered.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.