WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges.
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Practice Leader to join our Transportation group in San Antonio, TX. The right candidate will provide strong leadership of an interdisciplinary team of engineers and designers on transportation projects; satisfying project and customer requirements, technical standards and adherence to quality standards, procedures and protocols; and providing technical support, mentoring and developing junior professional staff.
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
- Continually bring in new work and increase backlog while managing client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within the transportation practice to best serve the interest of the client and Michael Baker.
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within Transportation practice to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Lead plan production for conventional design-bid-build and design-build highway projects.
- Review the work of other professionals - this includes QA/QC, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- Manage project budgets and schedules, interface with client, and prepare/submit invoices.
- Have a broad understanding of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic related items
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to balance workload and staffing needs.
- Determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation's most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization
- 15 years in Engineering or Project Management
- 10 years in a supervisory role
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering or related field
- Master's degree or higher; preferred
- Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong engineering judgment and solid background in transportation.
- Direct relationships and contacts with TXDOT, Regional Mobility Authority and municipal clients
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Oracle-based ERP Project Financial Reporting System
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Texas or ability to obtain in six (6) months
- Ability to travel up to 25%
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.