Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions' Salt Lake City, UT office is seeking a Transportation Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years of experience with highway/roadway design and project management. This position requires a candidate with effective time-management, written communication, planning, organization and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has the ability to take initiative, work independently and coordinate efforts with multi-discipline teams. The candidate must possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to produce high quality work under short time constraints.
As a Transportation Project Manager you will play a key role in expanding the capabilities of growing the transportation group in Salt Lake City. The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product, and an interest in taking on a leadership role.
The successful candidate will be part of the core management team and will have significant opportunity for growth.
- Will be responsible for participating in and managing transportation/roadway design projects
- Prepare and oversee preparation of the construction documents. (Plans, Specifications, and Estimates).
- Prepare and manage scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Write reports and technical memos
- Manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities
- Maintains effective client relationships; leverages project experience to win work
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Manage, advise, coach and develop junior engineers
- Will travel to project sites and potentially to other Wood offices - Approximately 10% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineer
- Utah Professional Engineers License
- 10+ years as a Transportation/Roadway Engineer/Project Manager
- Self starter with strong oral and written communications skills
- Detail oriented, proactive individual who takes ownership of their work
- Proficiency in following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Inroads, MicroStation
- Experience with 3D modeling preferred
- Candidates must be familiar with UDOT design project delivery network and project advertising
- UDOT Resident Engineer qualifications a plus
- Experience with innovative contracting a plus
- Existing relationships with UDOT Project Managers a preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationship and win work
- Motivated to develop business from new and existing clients
- Availability to work outside normal business hours as required
- Ability and willingness to travel. Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.