Help set the future course for our Transportation engineering services in our St Paul market!
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. Our Minnesota Transportation Design team continues to grow and develop. We are currently seeking an experienced Transportation Project Manager to join our team in the St Paul Office.
In this position you’ll be responsible for working as the lead in Transportation design projects and help build our future as we look to add additional clients and business.
Qualified candidates must possess a proven track record for leading projects on the DOT and local county side, developing client relationships, and delivering quality transportation related design projects on time and on budget. This is a key position within our firm, and additional opportunities such as ownership or other leadership roles may also be available.
Get the conversation started by applying today.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Project Manager will be accountable for developing and leading highway projects of varying complexity for the Transportation/Highway Design discipline in Minnesota. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with government and private sector business partners, including MnDOT and county-level clients, and must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients in Minnesota.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
• Is responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. Responsible for adhering to HR Green and client standards for quality management.
• Acts as a technical resource for project team members.
• Monitors the performance of project team members through completion of Project Staff Reviews. Establishes mentoring and growth opportunities for the project team members.
• Leads the identification of opportunities, creation of marketing plans, and positioning activities with individual clients.
• Participates in the preparation of engineering services proposals, including interviews, calculation/estimation of time schedules, work scopes, and costs of the proposed work.
• Cross markets other firm services as appropriate to his/her clients.
• Attends networking events and participates in professional society activities.
• Independently communicates on technical, client service, and public stakeholder matters with the client.
• Leads a wide variety of public communications, from small group technical meetings to large-format public meetings and client interviews.
• Develops technical strategies in project delivery and internal knowledge transfers.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• 12 plus years of experience developing a variety of transportation projects, with a minimum of the last 5 years working in the State of Minnesota on MnDOT projects, is highly desired.
• Proven experience developing and managing MnDOT projects is required.
• Project Management experience that includes preliminary and final design leadership with MnDOT projects including interstate, interchange, urban reconstruction, and/or rural highway projects is required. Experience that includes county, municipal, traffic, hydraulic, or field construction engineering is a plus.
• Design/build experience is beneficial.
• Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and a desire to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, people management experience, and outstanding conflict resolution skills are required.
• Demonstrates successful networking, collaboration, and partnering skills within and across disciplines or functions.
• Working knowledge of current technical and office support software (for example, MicroStation) required to perform the essential functions of the position. Experience with other software is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• Must possess current Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in the State of Minnesota.
• The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
Relationship to Others
This position may report to the Regional Director. Responsible for providing mentoring and technical development to less-experienced staff members in order to upgrade the overall talent level in the company and shows a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, managers, and clients.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to balance and coordinate the interests and demands of multiple internal or external clients simultaneously.
Work is primarily performed in the office with occasional trips to a client’s site or other locations as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for prolonged periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach with hands or arms. Hand eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and other office equipment. The employee is also required to kneel, crouch, and bend. Must be capable of carrying up to 30 pounds of equipment over all types of terrain and in all types of weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.