Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Roadway EIT / Engineer to join our team in Kennesaw, GA.
Are you a motived engineer that wants to take your career as a transportation professional to the next level? Do you want to use your technical skills to make a difference in your community and the world through real world transportation planning and engineering? You’re not afraid of working hard, learning new things, and can manage your time to get a desired result?
Wood’s Kennesaw, GA office is a regional center of excellence for our Transportation practice to serve our State and Municipal clients. Within the Transportation practice is our Roadway Engineering specialty area. Our team of growth minded experts are expanding these disciplines at the local, state and national levels and we can’t do that without you.
Our Kennesaw location consists of a balanced mix of senior leadership, technical experts, and junior staff. We believe in the strength of leveraging technology to create stellar results and are motivated by the impact our work has on each employee’s career, the communities we serve, and meeting our client’s goals.
Skills / Qualifications
We’re looking for someone who is quick thinking, detail oriented, and responsive to task assignments. A focused individual with the skills to develop work deliverables under the direction of seasoned engineers. An ability to work independently with oversight and feedback from a mentor is a key character trait for this position.
- Focused and detail oriented
- Responsive and quick thinking
- Organized and self-motivated
- Conscientious of deadlines
- Fun to be around
- A good communicator over phone, email, IM, and technical documents
- Efficient at learning and leveraging a large variety of software
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering: Master’s degree is a plus
- 2-6 years of roadway engineering experience is a plus
- Professional Engineering license a plus
- Experience applying AASHTO, GDOT, and local municipality standards to roadway design
- Experience with roadway modeling using the software noted below
Technologies we use:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- MicroStation, Open Roads, InRoads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk! Please include the following with your application:
- A letter introducing yourself
- Your resume
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.