- Position Type:
TRANSPORTATION/Substitute Bus Driver
- Date Posted:
Akron Public Schools
- Date Available:
- Posting Closes 6/30/2020
Experienced or Inexperienced (Will train inexperienced drivers)
The Akron Board of Education announces openings for Substitute Bus Driver, Job Code 254, Time Schedule: as and when needed. Salary/Hourly--see current "Schedule of Salaries". This is a School Employees Retirement System position.
Application must be made electronically through http://www.applitrack.com/akron/onlineapp/. Please upload a letter of interest, resume and a current copy of appropriate license in addition to completing the online application. The Superintendent reserves the right to either keep the position open until suitable applicants are found or to cancel and repost the position with such changes as may be deemed appropriate. For further information, please contact William B. Andexler, Coordinator of Transportation Services,
330-761-1390 or Human Resources, 330-761-2946.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.;
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age;
- Must be willing to obtain a valid and unencumbered State of Ohio Class B Commercial Driver's License with S and P endorsements.
- Must satisfactorily complete a complete BMV licensure check and Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation/FBI background check.
- Must satisfactorily complete the required Ohio T8 Driver Physical process and pre-employment drug/substance and alcohol testing.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of students to and from school and all school-related events. Responsible for safe operation of school bus in all weather conditions as well as pre/post trip detailed inspection process. Must be able to physically assist with student evacuation in the event of an emergency. May be required to transport wheelchair bound students in bus designed for handicap student transportation. This position works on an as-needed basis with no regularly assigned schedule and/or guarantee of a minimum number of scheduled hours per week.
Position can lead to contracted driver openings with medical benefits.