JOB SUMMARY: Supervises day-to-day transportation functions to ensure driver performance, customer satisfaction, and that Department and Company objectives for efficiency, reliability, and productivity are met or exceeded.
Schedule: Two psupervisor- One for Tuesday - Saturday and one for Sunday - Thursday. Day shifts.
Supervises up to 50 or more employees, including hourly staff. Oversees operations with significant impact on GSF customer relations.
- Driver performance, including hourly off-load rate, on-time delivery, and reliability
- Customer and vendor relationships
- DOT compliance
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety of employees
- Safety of facility and transportation equipment
- AIB rating
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in management, business, or psychology from an accredited college or university preferred.
3 to 6 years of work experience in transportation or food distribution, including supervisory responsibilities and union work environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- DOT regulations, policies, and procedures (J)
- Labor contracts and labor union environment (J)
- On-board computer systems (J)
- Relevant safety policies, practices and procedures (J)
- Management/supervisory concepts and techniques (B)
- Project management concepts and techniques (B)
- Budgetary concepts and procedures (B)
- PC word-processing/spreadsheet software applications (B)
- Scheduling and routing (B)
- Computer-based routing systems (B)
- Shipment and distribution of food or allied products (B)
- Regional geography and customer locations (B)
Skill and ability to:
- Supervise a diverse workforce of up to 100 employees
- Resolve and report delivery issues between drivers and customers; other customer service issues
- Supervise and motivate employees in a team-based environment
- Interpret transportation operations anomalies and identify appropriate solutions
- Prepare administrative and technical documents and reports
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Travel via airplane and drive an automobile
- Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed