The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern IdahoRegional Medical Center (EIRMC) includes a full-service hospital with 334 patient beds. Itserves as the region’s healthcare hub, serving southeast Idaho, westernWyoming, Yellowstone National Park and parts of Montana. With the onlyemergency room in Idaho Falls, the only pediatric intensive care unit and LevelIII Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region, an esteemed, full-spectrumheart center, Primary Stroke Center verification, neurosurgery, oncology,orthopedics and more, EIRMC provides valued and vital resources to thecommunities it serves.
Located in Idaho Falls, EIRMC offers quickaccess to breath-taking outdoor scenes and year-round activities. Jackson Hole,Yellowstone National Park, the Grand Tetons and many more adventures await you.
EIRMC is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatientcenters and business offices across the country – offering employees theopportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and EIRMC are all about caring forpeople, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package,including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stockpurchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you aboutthis fantastic opportunity
- This position will independently transport patients for the Medical Imaging Department using the proper equipment and procedures to and from all nursing floors and Emergency Room.
- Monitor IVs, pumps, and oxygen while in transit and maintain a smooth, safe and accident free patient transport.
- Must demonstrate empathy for patients and be able to communicate with tact and understanding while addressing questions and concerns.
- Determine the needs of patients, patient’s families and visitors while maintaining a warm, sensitive and cooperative relationship with those individuals.
- Establish good rapport with patients, visitors, physicians and their office staff while promoting a positive hospital image and creating a favorable first impression.
- Direct patient flow in a smooth, systematic, continuous and timely manner to ensure quality patient care is always provided in an efficient manner.
- Possess a knowledge of various diagnostic modalities within the department and the important roll each play in the continuation of care for the patient.
- Maintain equipment, which includes oxygen tanks, wheelchairs and stretchers, to ensure proper working conditions and cleanliness.
- Restock department patient areas with clean linens, supplies and equipment, as well as empty linen and trash containers on a routine basis.
- Assist in room turnover and cleaning after each patient.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties that requires the use of computers, department specific software and PACS.
- Cross-train to clerical area and demonstrate proficiency of all File-Room and Front Desk job duties and tasks.
- Prioritize, plan and organize assignments as assigned, and complete those tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette and department greetings.
- Maintain and sustain professional ethics and promote patient’s bill of rights.
- Ensure growth and personal development.
- Assure effective communication with all hospital staff, patients and families by providing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Adhere to hospital/department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with the Code of Conduct Ethics.