Laulima Government Solutions is looking for a Trauma/MOTR Nurse Analyst/Abstractor to support the United States Army Institute of Surgical Research (USAISR) on their Joint Trauma System (JTS) program in San Antonio, TX.
- Provide Trauma or Ortho/MOTR with Nurse Analyst / Abstractor Support
- Review source data from handwritten medical records as well as electronic sources such as Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (ALTHA), Critical Care Air Transport Team (CCATT) records, ESSENTRIS, Joint Legacy Viewer (JLV), Patient Movement Records (PMR), Tactical Combat Casualty Cards (TC3), Theater Data Medical Store (TMDS), Web Interface Scanned Patient Records (WISPR) and other source data as provided by the Government and enter same information into the Department of Defense Trauma Registry (DoDTR) and/or the integrated clinical modules of the DoDTR in accordance with government provided business rules
- Collect comprehensive, accurate data relating to trauma patients by abstracting all trajectories of care
- Verify and update all information compiled, and enter data into the application in a timely manner
- Code injuries, procedures, and causes of injuries using standard medical record references, specifically International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Ninth and Tenth Revision (9/10) codes, assign diagnoses Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and ICD-9/10-CM (Clinical Modification) codes, ICD-10-PCS and CPT codes, and complete Injury Severity Scale (ISS) and other calculations
- Correct audited inaccuracies within 7 days of audit utilizing the government provided abstracting business rules
- Complete abstraction time and medical record documentation in JTSM daily
- Serve as a trauma and clinical subject matter expert to non-clinical personnel and assist with periodic and ad hoc training activities for Theater Trauma Coordinators and DoDTR users globally
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required Experience – 3 years’ experience
- Experience in caring for trauma patients in the emergency department, intensive care unit or in a deployed environment
- Familiar with basic computer skills, such as utilizing Microsoft office products
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Military Treatment Facility Experience
- BSN prepared registered nurse, with an active nursing license in one of the fifty states
- Desired Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Must be a US Citizen
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms who are designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-Owned and fall into the respective categories of standard Small Business, 8(a) certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), and HUBZone. The FOCs includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kāpili Services, and Po`okela Solutions. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information on Laulima Government Solutions, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.