DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Trauma Step Down Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
· Student Loan Repayment
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Trauma Step Down Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Provides direct patient care based upon South Austin Medical Center Hospital Standards of Care and Standards of Practice, Polices, Procedures and Practice Guidelines. Provides guidance and supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Nursing Technicians, Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries. He/she acts as patient and advocate with the Hospital environment. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accepts assignments on other units when necessary.
The Trauma Care Unit is a trauma stepdown unit. This unit is a 10-bed unit and is half of a 20-bed trauma unit. The nursing staff on this unit provides specialized care to post-trauma patients that may require frequent monitoring of neurologic, vascular, or hemodynamic status with aggressive pulmonary support, and pain management. The nurse to patient ratio is 3:1/4:1. All beds are telemetry capable.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Trauma Step Down Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
- 1 year of Critical Care and/or Trauma Nursing experience – preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy within 1 year from hire date
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification – preferred
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification – preferred
- Completion of Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN) – preferred
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) Certification – preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.