Mercyhealth, an award-winning fully integrated health care delivery organization based in southcentral Wisconsin, is seeking a full-time, BC/BE Trauma Surgeon. The ideal candidate must have excellent surgical and interpersonal skills, with an interest in providing high quality personalized care to patients in a well-established and robust practice. A fellowship is required, along with ATLS.
- Mercyhealth Hospital & Trauma Center encompasses 235 licensed beds, including a 15 bed ICU and a 12 bed SCU.
- Mercyhealth Hospital & Trauma Center was recertified as a Level II Trauma Center in November 2018 with NO deficiencies. Some of the many strengths of the program include:
- Involvement by the physicians in local and regional trauma organizations.
- ER leadership highly involved in pre-hospital care and ED Medical Director is a strong leader. All Emergency Medicine physicians are directly employed by Mercyhealth, are BE/BC, have formal residency training, and are certified in ATLS, along with ACLS and PALS.
- Trauma Program Manager and Trauma registrar are designated as exceptional and management of the program is exemplary.
- Low nursing turnover and exceptional nursing leadership.
- Unique and exceptional SIM center and MD-1 physician program.
- Team includes 3 full-time general surgeons, a trauma program coordinator, and 3 advanced practice providers.
- Surgery Center currently includes 10 ORs and a daVinci surgical robot, with a $15M expansion in 2019 which will add additional OR space and a hybrid suite.
- In 2018, there were 909 total patients entered into the trauma registry and 674 total trauma activations.
- Mechanism of injury includes 94% blunt, 5% penetrating and 1% burn (burn patients are transferred).
- Epic – one EMR integrated through all of our clinics and hospitals.
Your Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Sign-on bonus and tuition reimbursement, if applicable
- Paid relocation, CME allowance, state medical society membership and association membership dues
- Robust benefits package including paid disability, life, and malpractice insurance
Take the next step! Contact:
Director, Provider Recruitment & Retention
Serving Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois
- Vacation/paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On Site Cafeteria
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Merchandise Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Referral Program
- Military Leave
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Health Care On Site
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Performance bonus
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships