MAD Travel is currently seeking an EXPERIENCED Travel Agent with both corporate and leisure background.
Proficiency on Worldspan is helpful, but GDS system knowledge is required. Agent must be bright, articulate, organized and a team player with good technical skills and abilities. Salary plus commission, full benefits. Email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Clarifies travel preferences by determining travel dates and destination, mode of transportation, and finances.
* Develops itinerary by assembling literature; researches local customs, points of interest, and special events; answering inquiries; offering suggestions.
* Schedules itinerary by identifying, booking, and confirming route, carriers, lodging, and dining; verifying space and rates; issuing tickets.
* Completes foreign travel requirements by obtaining visa, permit, and medical regulations; completing forms; providing information to obtain currency.
* Prepares travel packet by assembling itinerary, maps, tickets, confirmations, visas and related documents, baggage tags, emergency resources, insurance options, etc.
* Collects payment by entering and verifying scheduled services and charges; computing total; obtaining credit card charge, check, or cash.
* Maintains resource of travel options by traveling carriers and visiting destinations; assembling, filing, and updating directories, brochures, pamphlets, guides, timetables, etc.
* Obtains refunds and adjustments by completing claim forms.
* Promotes travel by selling tour packages and special events.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Travel Logistics
- Emphasizing Excellence
- Customer Service,
- Supply Management
- Reporting Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Analyzing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- General Math Skills
- Planning and More
- More Teamwork