Travel Network Technician (Contractor)
Looking for 15-18 Senior Technicians for a Census Bureau Office De-Installation Project.
ABBTECH is the only company staffing this de-installation project.
- Location – Regionalized Travel Project (targeting rental car driving and hotels for the most part, airline travel will be at a minimal and rare occasion, in some instances sites will be local or within a 1 hour drive to your home city and in those cases, no travel will occur)
- The selected 15-18 Senior Techs will go through an approximate 1-week online ZOOM training from their home, conducted by the SAIC Project Management Team. This will be a paid training and take place in Mid-October 2020. To attend you will need a quiet place, a home personal laptop and internet connection.
- De-Installation Project Duration – Early November to February 2021 (details will be discussed in the interview process)
- We will run a total of 30 sites a week – approximately 15 Senior Techs will work a week (in some cases more)
- 15 will start on a Monday – work Monday & Tuesday only (2 days)
- 15 will start on a Thursday – work Thursday & Friday only (2 days)
- Wednesday would be a travel day for Senior Techs from one site to the next (if applicable)
- All selected Senior Techs will be drug tested
- **Contract does require US Citizenship or Legal Residency in the USA
- A personal working cell phone with camera is a 100% requirement for this project. This expense will not be reimbursed, but it’s part of your overall requirement to be on the project. You’ll be expected to communicate with both ABBTECH and our client Project Management staff (SAIC).
- You will be REQUIRED TO CALL OR TEXT INTO ABBTECH DAILY WITH ONSITE NOTIFICATION PRIOR TO GETTING STARTED
- ABBTECH can NEVER guarantee hours to any field employee however, our client has indicated that the anticipated hours a Senior Tech would work on this project, if they complete two sites a week is approximately 40.0 hours (combination of onsite time + travel time). There may be instances when you only work 1 site a week or your site is local to your home and you don’t have travel time. In all instances, you’re paid for actual hours worked/travel. You are never guaranteed a certain number of hours and you are not salaried.
- Travel time is paid as regular time at your regular pay rate, per your employment agreement with ABBTECH. A travel policy will be issued to you prior to starting the project.
- All travel would be booked in advance and paid for by ABBTECH (hotels, rental cars, flights, etc.). You would receive a daily food allowance if a hotel is booked and this is paid out in your next paycheck for the week you just completed.
- Any other expenses such as gas, mileage if you drive your personal vehicle in lieu of a rental car, baggage fees, etc. is all reimbursable with a valid receipt. Rental Cars will primarily be the transportation source used if a site is more than 100 miles from your home.
- ABBTECH pays weekly and we offer direct deposit. We also reimburse expenses weekly as long as your expense reports are turned in by Monday morning at 10:00am EST.
- Timesheets will be due weekly and all Senior Techs will need to turn these in on-time.
Recommended Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in a related technical field, including managerial experience OR equivalent experience and training.
All Site Senior Techs and Field Technicians must be U.S. Citizens or Legal Residents.
- Network Experience
- ALL SELECTED SENIOR TECHS MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ASSEMBLING AND DE-INSTALLING A SERVER RACK AND DISCONNECTING ALL CABLES. THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 REQUIREMENT OF THIS PROJECT.
- GREAT COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE.
- Network Closet Experience
- Hardware Experience
- Hands on Experience
- Rack Equipment Experience
- Technicians that can anticipate what’s coming and adjust
- Technicians who do NOT have the mind-set of “well I thought”
- Technician that do NOT have to go back and “re-learn” the process each week
- Technicians with Task Manager Experience
- Technicians with experience in organizing a Team onsite
- Able to self-manage on an Island. A site will consist of 1 Senior Tech and 1 LOCAL Tech. The Senior Tech needs to be able to self-manage his/her 2 PERSON team.
De-Installation Phase (252 Sites – approx. 3 Senior Techs per Region)
Targeting an early November 2020 start
De-install approximately 30 total sites a week (as a team)
Finish in late January/early February 2021
Depending on the region the Senior Tech resides in, their personal working duration could be 5/6 weeks to 2 months (sometimes less, sometimes more).
Our client, SAIC will send a package to each site prior to your arrival, its contents will include:
- Shipping labels
- Inventory list
- 2 total face masks – 1 for each tech
- Sanitizing wipes
- Any other paperwork or documents needed for a proper site close-out
- *SENIOR TECHS* - you will be shipped a set of tools, to your home, prior to kick-off to take with you at each site. These tools will be collected at the end of the project.
- No laptops are allowed to be brought on site by any ABBTECH Technician. No laptops will be needed either, per our client.
- There will be no Network Access/Wi-Fi, anyway, so please don’t bring a laptop onto the site.
- Moving company (not ABBTECH) will be the ones to actually pack-up all the equipment into boxes and prepare for shipping away from the site. ABBTECH Techs will not be packing boxes or tapping boxes.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans