The Traveling Assistant Superintendent will help with daily operations including the project staff and subcontractors scheduling, management, safety, planning, and helps coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within time frame by performing the following duties personally or through management responsibilities. Candidate must have experience in exterior and hard-scape as that is the stage they are in.
• Work with employees to coordinate with subcontractors regarding production & performance schedules & deliverables.
• Ensures subcontractor compliance with policies and safety procedures as well as plans and blueprint specifications
• Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
• Reviews status reports, shop drawings and modifications for schedules or plans as required
• Meets with project personnel to discuss & provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk
• Review and submit works and purchase / change orders to superintendent.
• Attends & directs project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by site and company management.
• Travel (full-time) required.
Skills and Abilities
- MULTIFAMILY (Full-Cycle) New Construction Experience (Projects $20-60+MM)
- Exterior & Hardscape experience within multifamily construction
- Student Housing, Garden Style, Wrap, Podium Style Multifam project experience preferred.
- Good Communication & Conflict Resolution skills.
- Contracts experience.
- Ability to work well with a team & manage as needed.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Blueprint-reading skills is a must.
- Experience Managing subcontractors regarding production/schedule is necessary
We have many multifamily projects around the Southeast and as far as the west coast, so this person will need to be familiar with working at various locations for an extended period of time (up to 1-2 yrs)
• Construction Management or Bachelor's/Associates degree in Construction/Business Management preferred. 3+ years of industry construction experience within the MULTIFAMILY new construction (not rehab) industry;