In business for over 130 years, Milord Company continues to grow and offer the opportunity for employees to experience a diverse set of assignments in a work environment that is collaboratively tuned to provide the best possible service to our clients. Work for a stable, growing company that values the quality of its reputation and cares deeply about the welfare of its employees. We are currently seeking a seeking a Traveling Construction Project Manager – Heavy Civil Construction to join our Rail & Intermodal team.
Brief description: The position of Project Manager consists of planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting, subordinate supervisory personnel, subcontractors and consultants’ activities concerned with multiple Heavy civil sitework construction projects, developments, and systems. It also consists of participating in the conceptual development of construction projects, including but not limited to estimating, selling and overseeing its organization, presentation, scheduling, and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and direct all activities concerned with the project fully utilizing the company directed software systems.
- Perform quantity take off, estimating and selling of new work.
- Managing reviews of outside consultant work and driving value engineering options.
- Meet with owners, subcontractors, consultants, and government officials to troubleshoot and resolve site conditions and permitting.
- Fiscally responsible and accountable for the successful outcome of the project and future customer relations.
- Coordinating with outside engineering consultants. Reviewing and approving shop drawings
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Effectively and professionally schedule, run and document all meetings.
- Timely preparation and submission of budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports and monthly invoices.
- Schedule project in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Collaborating with subcontractors, directing field superintendents, and assisting Executive management on all issues to deliver successful projects.
- Overseeing testing of materials and site conditions.
- Coordinating all aspects to an efficient project close out.
- Participation in company-wide initiatives as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% and ability to relocate to project site for duration as necessary
- A bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, or the equivalent in post-college training.
- 5 or more years’ experience managing construction projects.
- Intelligence, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to adjust to dynamic conditions.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people and identify the best people for the job.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others, to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Cost consciousness and very well organized
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, bonus based on individual and company performance, 401K with matching percentage, and full coverage health insurance with option for shared cost for family. Salaried exempt position. Since 1887, Milord has specialized in handling complex projects with challenging schedules, stringent budgets, multiple phases and space requirements. As the oldest construction company in the greater Chicago area and one of the oldest companies in the nation, Milord has an extensive portfolio of construction services and specialties to offer its clients. No direct inquiries please; only online applications will be considered.