Come work for the best builder in America! McCarthy is hiring Traveling Electrical General Foremen!
Since 1864, McCarthy has relied upon the talent of our craft professionals to become the builder that major commercial companies choose when their design requires more than a run of the mill solution. Our business is booming and we can offer our skilled tradespeople consistent work and specialized training and development. Health benefits, paid time off, and a retirement savings plan are just a few of the benefits we are proud to offer our craft professionals.
McCarthy’s core purpose is to be the Best Builder in America. We value our skilled tradespeople and we know that abilities you bring make us a better company. Together, we can build great things.
- Install PVC, Rigid and EMT conduit above and below ground
- Pull/terminate aluminum direct bury cable and medium voltage cable
- Read/interpret blueprint drawings to determine methods, materials, and equipment
- Connect/support DC wire
- Install electrical enclosures
- Supervise the work of apprentices
- Unload and stage material
- Perform electrical testing and commissioning
- Oversee a team of 5 electrical foremen, who lead teams of 8-12 electricians, apprentices, and helpers.
- 5+ years experience
- General knowledge of construction principles/processes required
- Experience with construction projects preferred
- Current with National Electrical Code (NEC), journeyman license preferred
- AC/DC experience
- Experience in wire pulling and setting equipment
- Must have basic electrical hand tools
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used on construction projects
- Proven commitment to safety and teamwork
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Must pass drug screening
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Pay rate is determined on the current level of knowledge and experience
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.