Treasury Management Officer
Treasury Services - Corporate Client Banking
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
CORPORATE CLIENT BANKING TREASURY SERVICES
The Corporate Client Banking Treasury Services Team delivers global cash management, liquidity and commercial card products. We develop, implement and manage customized solutions that help clients with $500 million to $3 billion in annual revenues.
- The Treasury Management Officer (TMO) will be responsible for managing and aggressively growing treasury revenue across a portfolio of mid-corporate clients ($500 million to $3+ billion in annual revenue).
- Partner with Corporate Bankers, Trade, Asset Management and Foreign Exchange partners and others across the enterprise to effect successful relationship outcomes.
- Harness subject matter expertise from International, Liquidity, Payables, Receivables and Card product specialists to develop customized solutions to meet client treasury objectives.
- Focus on growth of new client relationships and expansion of existing relationships.
- Accountable for revenue growth, pipeline momentum, relationship profitability, client calling, portfolio development, pricing strategy, and proposal/presentation development and delivery.
- Maintain a strong client focus, treasury industry expertise and a broad understanding of bank structure and the operational aspects of global cash management products and services.
- Provide informal supervision and ongoing guidance to assigned Treasury Sales Associates.
- 7 or more years experience in structuring sophisticated treasury solutions
- Proven business development skills with a corporate client set
- Broad and deep familiarity with global treasury management products, services and trends
- Strong relationship management orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and appropriate financial acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function effectively under time pressure as an individual contributor
- Collaborative approach to business in support of close team environment
- Strong executive presence both internally/externally
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Familiarity with life sciences, consumer/retail market segments.
- CTP and/or CertICM credential