The main responsibilities of the Treasury Manager are the oversight of the company’s overall cash management process, risk management, liquidity and cash flow forecasting, lender communications and strategic oversight of the company’s credit facilities.
The position will coordinate all communications with lenders and banks for loan and cash management purposes; assist with shareholder communication and investor relationships; maintain company records on the accounting and tracking of debt structures and the related credit agreements; develop/review presentations for the lenders and investors; assist with special projects as directed by the CEO/CFO/Board of Directors.
- Ensure appropriate cash management activities are completed including transactional actions (wires, borrowings and paydowns) and strategic planning and forecasting (cash management optimization, 13-week receipts & disbursements projection)
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
- Weekly liquidity forecast (13 weeks) including variance analysis and operational metric tracking to drive performance (cash flow & borrowing base projections)
- Assist with development and execution of commodity, currency and interest rate hedging strategies
- Manages business insurance and relevant lines of coverages.
- Work with advisors, external auditors, and internal resources to monitor and coordinate execution and administration of retirement benefits portfolio and pension plan investments
- Prepare and review reports and certifications associated with debt agreements
- Lead strategic alternatives and tactical discussions with lender groups to optimize the company’s debt structure and related covenants
- Prepare necessary information to be included in Board of Directors and Executive updates
- Assist in preparation of CEO and CFO for investor and lender quarterly earnings teleconference
- Support M&A due diligence and integration as applicable
- Manages one direct report in the Treasury Department.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Treasury Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include:
- Training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Education Required:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business required
- MBA or an advanced degree in finance required
- 7+ year’s related experience and/or training
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and/or apply information and concepts from common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to develop presentation materials for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP Accounting software; strong Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
- Ability to create complex financial forecast models driven off operational and financial metrics/data.
- Experience with databases and large data set analysis preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The position requires a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), strong analytical and written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to direct and provide appropriate supervision to a variety of personnel.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and external financial reporting.