Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s Treasury Operations Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Treasury Operations, Manager.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work closely on the day-to-day operations with various departments within Treasury including Sales and Trading, Capital Markets, Rate Desk, Treasury Systems, Cash Management, Risk and Analytics, and Valuations, along with areas outside of Treasury including Accounting, Internal/external Auditors, SOX, Tax, Legal, Japan Staff, and TFSC to perform the job responsibilities.
The Manager for Treasury Operations is responsible for leading the settlement, servicing, and transaction control of TMCC’s $100 billion debt, $120 billion derivatives, $3 billion investments portfolios and $1 billion collateral management (CSA) program. This individual will have both extensive treasury experience (products, operations, and systems) and in-depth working knowledge of commonly used and complex financial instruments, including all types of debt issuance in different currencies, structured products, inter-company funding arrangements with multi-level netting, investments, derivatives, foreign exchange, collateral management, etc.
The person will implement Treasury best-practices, maximize straight-thru processing, leverage treasury systems, work with system SMEs, ensure SOX controls and transaction security. Most importantly, the person is responsible to lead, manage and develop members of his or her team to increase capacity (improve process and leverage technology to gain efficiency) and capability (improve product knowledge and adopt industry best practice).
Reporting to the Enterprise Cash Management and Treasury Operations National Manager, the person in this role will support the Treasury Operations department's objective by performing the due diligence, transaction review and the approval process. The manager is the ultimate gate keeper before all the actual movement of cash, billions of dollars daily, can be made to fulfill our obligations to investors, counterparties and financial intermediaries. Failure in transaction processing will result in significant financial losses in the forms of penalty, fees, interest, possibly event of default, and ultimately the loss of credibility with the investment community, leading to higher transaction and funding costs.
Leadership and Staff Development
- Develop and cross-train team members to effectively manage daily operations, provide coverage, and to participate in Treasury initiatives and projects.
- Manage the direction and productivity of the department by establishing clear goals and objectives, setting priorities, providing guidelines and recommendations for approach to ensure team success. Establishing benchmarks and performance milestones for measuring tangible results.
Treasury Process Design and Management
- Identify, evaluate and implement best practices, new processes, services, technologies to continuously improve treasury activities that are growing in volume and complexity.
- Design, implement and operate a Treasury Management and Analytics platform to ensure timeliness and accuracy of transaction validation and settlement, optimize operational efficiency, control and security, and achieve a high level of straight-through processing.
- Provide expertise / assistance to international treasuries on best practice in treasury processes and operations.
- Provide global implementations support to other TFS affiliates.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving treasury investment, inter-company/ affiliate lending, collateral, debt and derivative transactions which includes the calculation, verification and initiation of timely and accurate notifications, delivery, payments, and receipts with internal/external counterparties. Maintain legal agreements (ISDA, CSA).
- Responsible for making decisions on a day to day basis on exception handing and to resolve issues.
- Develop and manage relationships with banks and counterparties, including IPA and custodians.
- Manage the Treasury Operations group and the relationship with other treasury and finance functional areas.
- Coordinate with treasury funding and derivative, cash management, systems, legal, and accounting managers on new treasury products/process, ensuring all requirements for servicing, including workflow, instrument configuration, delivery/settlement, accounting rules and reporting, are in place.
- Responsible for design and delivery of treasury reporting to meet external/internal regulatory and financial reporting requirements.
- Sarbanes-Oxley – Responsible for documentation and compliance with Treasury policies and procedures in support of TFS Management's overall efforts to comply with all requirements of Sarbanes Oxley legislation including: maintaining documentation for transaction workflow, treasury operation procedures, and controls.
- Responsible for coordinating with and meeting the requirements of internal and external auditors.
What you bring
- Four-Year College Degree (BA or BS) in Finance or a related degree
- Strong Treasury work experience in similar field and/or industry
- Requires a team and results oriented leader who has ability to prioritize on-going projects and manage daily team assignments to meet demanding, complex, and time sensitive project deadlines
- Successful leadership and management skills by collaborating, coaching, mentoring, managing conflict and creating a positive team morale along with a productive work environment.
- Knowledge and expertise with Treasury Management System (Wallstreet Suite equivalent).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to travel 5% of the year to conference.
Added bonus if you have
- Advanced Degree: MBA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel using Macros
- Extensive treasury experience (products, operations, and systems) and in-depth working knowledge of commonly used and complex financial instruments, including all types of debt issuance in different currencies, structured products, inter-company funding arrangements with multi-level netting, investments, derivatives, foreign exchange, collateral management, etc.
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com ((#LI-TMNA):