The TriageRegistered Nurseis capable of providing assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Assists with supervision and delegation of duties of other nursing staff members (LPNs, MAs, CNAs). The incumbent must be skilled in completing nursing assessments and performing routine nursing procedures (such as venipuncture, IV insertion, medication administration, and triage of patients).
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Triages all walk-in patients per policy.
· Performs primary nursing proceduressuch as intake, triage, medication administration, and basic emergency care.
· Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care of the patient. Works with the health center provider in developing and implementing a treatment plan for the patients.
· Ensures that medical care and follow up are planned and documented and that all requested for referral services are completed for each patient.
· Provides discharge instruction to patients.
· Assures that all nursing documentation is complete per policy.
· Reviews the documentation of the Medical Assistant staff on a routine basis to assure the documentation is appropriate and timely.
· Develops and implements an orientation plan for new patients and employees to the health center.
· Coordinates the quality control checks for the glucometers and any other waiver testing.
· Ensures that oxygen, emergency box, eyewash, AED, glucometer and temperature logs are maintained per protocol.
· Works with the Nurse Manager and other clinical staff members to ensure compliance with infection control.
· Works with various departments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local health care regulations
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· DC license as RN.
· Current CPR certification.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (AAS, BSN).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Minimum of two years of recent acute care experience in medical surgical, emergency care, or urgent care.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.