Plymouth Rock Assurance Company of New York seeks a full time attorney with 5 plus years experience with an insurance defense background to take over a full pending case load. The attorney would be responsible for representing civil defendants in the 5 boroughs of New York and Long Island. The position would require the Attorney to analyze lawsuits, prepare pleadings, conduct depositions and attend arbitrations, conferences, motions, and trials. The candidate must be organized, a team player, and able to handle a high volume of out of office appearances.
- Analyze complex lawsuits referred from Claims and prepares necessary answers and responsive pleadings.
- Interface and develop a rapport with our clients.
- Conducts depositions and attend court conferences, arbitrations, motions and trials.
- Participates as trial and/or appellate attorney in matters of significant exposure and complexity.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of rules of evidence and civil procedure.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of all aspects of Automobile Litigation and Premise liability Insurance Law.
- Provides legal research and direction to Claims on cases of significant exposure and complexity.
- Provides legal advice and direction to Claims on cases of significant exposure and complexity.
- Work independently in making decisions in file handling and communicating those decisions to the proper parties.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment and enter/retrieve information from a legal case management system.
- Possesses at least five years (5) relevant litigation and trial experience.
- Fully licensed to practice law in New York
- Federal Court experience a plus.
- Must be able to handle a caseload involving bodily injury and property damage matters with a moderate to significant amount of trial work.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and Oral Communication Skills
- Proficiency with computer software including current Windows Operating System, MS Word, MS Outlook and ability to learn new programs.
- Legal Case Management Program experience a Plus.