Openings as of 10/14/2020
- Truancy Officer
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Lincoln Center/District Wide
Who We Are:
Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 serves nearly 17,000 students in preschool through grade 12 and is located halfway between Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. Our District has one early learning center, 15 elementary schools, five middle schools and a high school program divided between two 9 – 12th grade campuses. The District encompasses portions of Waukegan, Beach Park and Park City.
Why We Do This Work:
The Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 has set an ambitious agenda for change, guided by the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels and academic gaps can and will be eliminated with the support of teachers who deliver engaging, relevant, and academically rigorous instruction that excites students and instills a love of learning in them.
The Truancy Officer is directly responsible to the Director of Safety and Student Outreach. The Truancy Officer is responsible for investigating concerns related to attendance and work in cooperation with school/ district staff and community agencies on behalf of WPS60 student(s) and families to develop, implement and monitor a plan to increase school and community success through daily school attendance PreK-12.
- Investigate cases of reported attendance concerns that are impeding school success
- Counsel with students and families in order to support attendance, behavior and academic success through high school graduation.
- Conduct home visits for the purpose of monitoring school attendance and developing plan to support daily school attendance.
- Transport students to and from home/school when necessary
- Share attendance and school performance data of identified students with court and community agencies in order to insure coordination of services through established communication networks i.e. telephone, email, and in person
- Compile data for reporting at the district, county and state level
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Student Outreach
- Required High School Diploma
- Preferred Associate Degree in Human or Social Services
- Required to pass the Paraprofessional Basic Skills Test
- Valid IL Drivers License
- Required ability to communicate effectively with school and district staff, families and students
Salary: Per Contract
Additional Information: 8 hours per day/40 hours per week
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit an online application to be received by the closing date.
Only applications submitted online will be considered for interviews
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities
without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics or disability.