Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a DOT truck driver to support CMC Recycling West Dallas, Texas. As part of the CMC team, truck drivers support the initiative of providing span customer service in a timely, professional and courteous manner. CMC's truck drivers are responsible for pickup and delivery of unprocessed and processed scrap metal to customer facilities and job sites while adhering to all company, state and federal regulations. Business hours are Monday-Friday 7:00AM – 4:00PM, with some Saturdays, overtime can be expected to accommodate business needs.
Offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus to all drivers – 50% will be paid after 6 months of employment, 50% after one year of employment.
CMC offers training and development opportunities for employees to acquire and enhance new skills and knowledge. Advancement opportunities are also available for those who have the desire for professional growth. CMC's competitive compensation package includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, company matching 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Must comply with both CMC safety and DOT procedures and regulations at all times
- Ensure that each customer is serviced in a timely, professional, courteous and respectful manner
- Inspect vehicle(s) for any safety or operational defects using DOT, maintenance, and safety checklists. Ensure emergency equipment is in proper working order
- Ensure vehicle is properly loaded and secured to deliver in a safe and timely manner. Loading truck may require:
- Securing chains across trailer to secure the product (weighing from 30-45 lbs.)
- Tarp loads on trailers (weighing from 30-65 lbs.)
- Dropping and hooking trailers
- Accurately complete corresponding delivery paperwork.
- Work with production, sales, and customers to communicate issues with loads and delivery time.
- Perform physical activities which include pulling, reaching, bending over, climbing, kneeling, and balancing
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Valid Class A CDL
- Must have one (1) year experience in tractor trailer over the road driving
- Must have knowledge of DOT requirements and regulations
- No on-road preventable accidents during the past (3) years as shown on the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- No serious traffic violations within the last (3) years (careless/reckless driving, following too close, improper/erratic lane change)
- Must pass company road test
• Ability to operate a variety of trucks (flatbed, van trailers, roll-off)
• 2 years’ OTR driving experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience