Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Willing to Travel
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
RK Hall Construction Ltd is a leading provider of high quality asphalt paving materials and services, pavement rehabilitation, grading ,and bridge construction in the northeast Texas, southeast Oklahoma and southwest Arkansas area. The company enjoys a good working relationship with the Department of Transportation and Municipal agencies of those areas, and performs private and commercial contracts as well.
JOB TITLE:TRUCK DRIVER
Transports asphalt and Materials
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive truck safely and timely to designated locations; check with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Comply with all DOT regulations.
- Make contact with Shop Foreperson when breakdowns occur.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Daily inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA and company policy. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Gloves, Hard Hat, High-Visibilty Safety Apparel, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Boots, Seatbelt.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one‑on‑one and small group situation to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Must possess a valid CDL A driver s license. R.K. Hall LLC uses a Fitness for Duty exam to insure that a prospective employee is capable of safely performing the essential functions of the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 – 10 lbs
10 – 25 lbs
25 – 50 lbs
50 – 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working with Others