Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Main Yard..
We are pleased to accept resumes for Class A CDL Truck Driver.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
- Local driving pick-ups and deliveries
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment-hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes, and when necessary a respirator
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
- Other duties may be assigned as workload requirements dictate
- Certification: Class A CDL with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorcements
- Must have 5+ years experience driving flatbeds, and tankers.
- Prefer shipyard experience, in any trade (may assist in those departments, as needed). Will cross train for other trades, as well.
- Must be able to work either 1st shift
- Must be able to work overtime if requested
- Properly inspect tanks for hazardous materials, endure the proper equipment is on site so tasks may be accomplished
- Perform all gas free essential duties on all types of commercial and government vessels
- Clean driving and criminal record will be required to gain access into jobsites
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance• 401K• Paid Time Off (PTO)• Legal Services• Annual performance evaluations • On-site Human Resources• On-site gym• Free and close proximity parking• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.