Location: 26312 Corporate Avenue Hayward, CA 94545
Why not work for an INDUSTRY LEADER?
POOLCORP is theworld’s leading distributor of outdoor living products. We operate in more than 350 Sales Centers with nearly 3,500 employees who proudly service the needs of our customers. Our company strives to employ only the best CDL and Delivery Drivers, Warehouse Associates and Inside Sales Representatives as well as Sales Center Managers and Operations Managers.
Because you’ll be home every night! And, our generous compensation and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401 (k), EAP, and discounts specifically offered to POOL employees. For drivers, we have a safe driver incentive program. And, during busy seasons we have performance bonuses.And finally, our family-oriented, hometown culture is supported by a stable, large corporate enterprise – giving you the best of all worlds.
So, end your job search here – at POOLCORP – Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life!
The CDL Driver works with other members of the distribution team to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by delivering complete, accurate and on-time deliveries to the company’s customers. The Driver will represent the company in a highly professional, safe and cost-effective manner that complies with DOT and other applicable regulations.
- Prepares truck for operation by assisting in and overseeing the loading of trucks, securing of items and verifying the accuracy of shipping papers.
- Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from customer locations and job sites.
- Delivers orders via the most effective route to ensure complete orders are delivered according to established time frames and customers’ needs.
- Loads and unloads the delivery truck, ensuring that all loads are properly secured and braced and all hazardous material loads are properly segregated.
- Accurately documents delivery, prepares receipts of orders by customers and reports any discrepancies to the company.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and records transactions on proper paperwork. Obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Increases job knowledge and product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Informs customers of new products and services that can increase customer satisfaction and sales.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations and complies with all applicable Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), including the company’s drug and alcohol testing program.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive daily instructions.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water on a daily basis. Alerts management of necessary or required maintenance/repairs needed on the delivery vehicle in a prompt manner. Completes daily post-trip vehicle inspection report.
- Performs warehouse duties as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- A valid Class A or B commercial driver's license with HAZMAT endorsement.
- A valid DOT Medical Certificate.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to maneuver heavy objects, some weighing up to 100 pounds.
- A current MVR indicating no more than 3 violations in the past 3 years.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to load trucks at the warehouse and unload at customer locations and job sites.
- A positive customer service attitude.
- Familiarity with PCs and other material handling equipment (preferred).
- Experience driving either a straight truck or a tractor trailer.
- Moffet, Skelly or Air Brake experience a plus!
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.