Terms of Employment:
12 months/ 234 days per year. Compensation is at Auxiliary Pay Plan AUX 2 on the EISD Compensation Plan. Entry level rate of pay is $12.71/hour with additional consideration based upon directly related experience.
Responsible for transferring items and supplies to the designated schools/departments and maintaining high standards of quality in delivery system and safety practices.
NOTE: Applicant must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the applicant, before continuing within the process towards possible employment.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or regional accrediting agency)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License Class C with a good driving record and must meet and maintain liability coverage eligibility
- Driving/delivery experience with pallet jack, forklift, and trailer use, preferred
- Ability to communicate (verbally)
- Ability to read and understand written instructions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to move heavier objects with warehouse yard tools and equipment
- Must possess good verbal and written skills
- Good interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Responsible for delivery of all items and supplies received at the warehouse to the proper schools/departments.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of merchandise from the delivery trucks.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble furniture.
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries and obtain authorized signature for supplies requested.
- Responsible for transferring items and verifying accuracy of shipment.
- Take physical count periodically of stock on hand and verifies count with inventory control totals.
- Issue and record issuance of stock to fill requisitions; obtain authorized signature for supplies requested.
- Assist with transferring equipment to schools/departments.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized facility and work area.
- Maintain truck in operable condition and report problems to the supervisor.
- Assist in the inventory of District property.
- Assist in the moving of District property.
- Assist with deliveries to schools.
- Assist with verifying orders and deliveries.
- Unpack and pack textbooks and equipment.
- Clean all work areas.
- Follow proper site security requirements for locking, checking and safeguarding facilities.
- Assist with special projects as request by District.
- Assist with campus set-up to include arranging tables, chairs, moving furniture or equipment as requested by campus to departments.
- Other duties as assigned - in the best interest of the district.
Use forklift, ladders, dollies, electric pallet jack and trailers
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Strenuous walking, standing and climbing, heavy lifting and carrying of up to 60 pounds, constant stooping, bending.