Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Trucks has an immediate need for an experienced Truck Lease Sales Representative at our Portland, OR location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Performs a wide variety of lease sales and marketing duties requiring extensive knowledge of all Navistar products and services for which Peterson is a dealer. Maintains close liaison and frequent communications with customers and works to develop new business. Coordinates and cooperates with several departments to accomplish job. The individual will continually interact with a variety of employees, suppliers, and customers. In addition, they will work with a wide range of continually changing products and a number of complex markets.
- Organizes time to call on as many prospects as possible.
- Locates prospects and makes face-to-face presentations.
- Contacts potential customers by telephone when face-to-face call is not practical.
- Calls on all assigned accounts at least once each year.
- Presents sales literature and brochures to customers and prospects.
- Informs customers of new product developments and improvements.
- Identifies and calls on the decision-maker in customer's company.
- Corresponds with customers in writing as follow-up of contact when appropriate.
- Recognizes and develops new prospects in the territory.
- Maintains ongoing awareness of any potential customer for truck leasing products and/or services within the assigned territory and assigned industries, immediately responding to opportunities.
- Networks with other Peterson sales representatives, product support sales representatives and other employees from Peterson’s divisions to share leads for all company products and services.
- Attends trade shows and training when requested.
- Presents equipment features and benefits to customers in person, and determine additional information needed to meet the customer’s specific needs.
- Provides written lease quotes that includes the cost benefits to the customer by Full Service Leasing equipment and the equipment features and benefits compared to similar competition.
- Coordinates and attends delivery of each new or used truck lease sold.
- Demonstrates the equipment and assists other salesmen when needed.
- Follows up with customer after sale to ensure acceptance and satisfaction.
This position requires a well-organized individual with excellent communication and planning skills plus the ability to manage multiple projects. To be successful in this position, the individual must have a strong understanding of the Truck Leasing Industry, equipment operations, basic finance knowledge, basic computer skills and marketing concepts for the industries we serve.
- Prefer two or four-year college degree from accredited college or university, or equivalent education and experience, and three-to-five years of aggressive lease sales and marketing experience.
- Possess solid working knowledge of trucking industry, equipment and customers.
- Knowledge of International products preferred
- Ability to use basic Microsoft Office programs and to learn specific computer applications as needed
Peterson Trucks, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.