The primary focus of the New Truck Sales Manager is to conduct and lead individual sales representatives in the retail sales of new commercial vehicles for the Mack/Volvo brands within the North Carolina counties as assigned under the leadership of the General Manager.
- Sell medium and heavy-duty trucks.
- Assist customers in selecting/ordering trucks by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Call on prospects and customers (face to face, email, telephone, social media) within the counties assigned.
- Understand, keeps abreast of and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect vehicle sales.
- Emphasize customer satisfaction and a positive dealership image.
- Meet or exceed brand market share equal to or better than regional averages.
- Increase unit gross and achieve maximum F& I penetration.
- Maintain a balanced inventory based on customer and market statistics.
- Maintain display of new vehicles.
- Review market analyses and sales reports to determine customer needs and volume potential, and develop sales campaigns to accommodate the goals of the dealership.
- Schedule and plan New Owner Clinics as a follow-up to the delivery process
- Demonstrate new trucks to customer. (May include test drives).
- Close new truck deals.
- Write complete and accurate sales orders, secures deposits, and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Deliver new trucks, explain new-truck warranty and service support policies.
- Attend sales and training meetings
- Study truck and equipment specifications to improve knowledge of product performance and application continually.
- Remain “in the know” of trends/changes in the local market, industry and sectors of business.
- Record daily/weekly account updates, visits and contacts in CRM system (mandatory).
- Communicate with a high level of professionalism with customers, employees and vendors
- Promote the entire dealership as a comprehensive solutions package within AOR.
- Cultivate strong business relationships with customers.
- Sell across all vocations in the Class 6-8 commercial vehicle weight classes.
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years of retail/leasing sales management experience of Class 6-8 trucks or allied equipment
- Possess valid CDL license or ability to obtain one within first 120-days of employment
- Skillful at operating laptop, iPhone, Microsoft software and conducting internet searches
- Must have strong ethical standards, high level of integrity and transparency
- Effective communication skills in business writing and oral presentation
- Self-motivated and driven by exceeding customer expectations
- Strong time-management and organizational abilities
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Benefits Include:
- Paid Training and stable employment at a growing company that offers advancement opportunities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- 401(K) with company match
- $50,000 Company Paid Basic Life
- $50,000 Company Paid AD&D
- Dependent Life Available
- HSA/FSA Available
- Short and Long-Term Disability Plans Available
- Supplement Life Insurance Plans Available