PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The Trucking Dispatcher has responsibility for supporting the Operations Manager and the Logistics Team by scheduling and dispatching the Logistics Drivers as well as monitoring work flow to ensure efficient and effective operations. This position involves up to date understanding of current requirements as it applies to local, state and federal transportation safety regulations.
- Schedules and/or dispatches drivers for all deliveries and pick-ups at assigned times.
- Maintains and ensures that all trucks are being maintained, registered, insured.
- Maintains and disperses all gas cards, and tracks receipts.
- Ensures DOT compliance for trucks and drivers.
- Supervises the day-to-day transportation operations of drivers for warehouse products, product sub-rentals, location transfers, as assigned.
- Assigns employees to balance workload. Arranges alternate coverage of service in case of employee absence or equipment failure.
- Assists with the daily inspection and follow through of proper maintenance and repair of equipment and/or vehicles as appropriate. May operate equipment as needed.
- Monitors work to ensure efficient and effective operations. Observes operational practices and enforces safety policies and procedures. Makes recommendations for process improvement, including changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of operations, department, or work crew.
- Assist in investigation and resolution of customer inquiries and complaints.
- Makes recommendations for freight rates and adjustments.
- Identifies potential driver rule infractions, manage up issues Logistics Manager, assists in the avoidance and correction of existing issues.
- Maintains time records and manages attendance issues, provides timely feedback.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and collective bargaining agreement (as applicable) are followed.
- Will perform other duties and incidental tasks, as required or assigned.
- May use computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software and proprietary PRG software in performing work assignments.
- A minimum of 2 years of recent transportation dispatch experience.
- Experience in transportation, production or logistics operations.
- Working knowledge of the principles of dispatch routing and shipping/receiving of equipment and services.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Travel locally to local suppliers, as required.
- Experience in lighting rental shop and entertainment industry helpful but not required.
- Fluency in English required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Computer (Outlook, email, TEAM or any inventory system).
- Organized, problem solving, meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to assume a high level of responsibility, work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to interact with co-workers from all levels of the organization in a variety of situations;
- Ability to provide calm and polite customer service;
- Maintain a calm demeanor in a stressful environment with ability to adapt positively to changes in the work setting with ease
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously within strict deadlines;
- Ability to learn and use and train other users in PRG proprietary software;
- Exceptional sense of priority;
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Spanish language skills are a plus but not required.
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.