R&K Building Supplies has been serving residential and commercial contractors in the valley for 45 years. Our Doors, Insulation, Truss, Lumber, and Window divisions provide extensive product selection and complete customer service to guarantee satisfaction in our company.
At R&K Building Supplies we recognize that employees are our most valuable asset. Therefore, we strive to provide a positive environment with training, growth and career advancement opportunities. We are seeking individuals who will thrive in this environment and who are excited to be a part of "Building Excellence with�Reliability and�Knowledge."
R&K Building Supplies is currently hiring for�TRUSS ASSEMBLERS
Position Review:�This is an entry to mid-level�position responsible for assembling truss components. Stocks lumber and plates and other work-related materials and supplies, bands/stacks finished products.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lays out component supplies and materials on carts or floor.
- Stocks plates for component set-up
- Assembles components under the direction of line leaders
- Loads and bands finished materials on carts/pallets
- Maintains work area by keeping it neat and organized.
- Monitors production workflow process and assist other areas as needed
- Trained to operate all equipment necessary to the assembly process
- Retain an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to produce error free and damage free results.
- Adheres to established safety rules and regulations and follows all safety procedures; maintain a safe environment.
- Complies with Company's attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned by location management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum education required: High school education and/or equivalent work experience
- Prior carpentry experience helpful
- Must be able to read a tape measure and use a hammer. Ability to learn to operate equipment such as routers, saws, presses and staple guns.
- Physical demands include exposure to extreme temperatures, lifting up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis and up to 100 lbs. or more on occasion. Dusty and noisy environment when operating woodworking machines and tools. Overtime work could be involved.�
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health Insurance, Disability Plans, Life Insurance, 401(k), etc.)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Training Opportunities.
- and more