At Carpentry Contractors Company, we take pride in the time-honored craftsmanship of our products. And we use cutting-edge technology to get there. Our design team is a crucial part of our commitment to excellence. Using sophisticated CAD technology and a lot of creative thinking, we create help the blueprint for people to achieve their American Dream. You�ll find challenging career paths at Carpentry Contractors Company that help you design your dream.
Carpentry Contractors Company is committed to excellence, both in the services we provide to our customers, as well as the environment and opportunities we provide to our employees. Our commitment to hiring and retaining talented, dedicated individuals is the reason we're one of the most successful carpentry labor companies in the area. If you're looking for a company that will value your time and talent, consider joining the Carpentry Contractors Team
Carpentry Contractors Company�has been providing carpentry labor to the residential professional home builder in the Minnesota Twin Cities area since 1980. On every home, we are dedicated to have the safest working conditions and quality end product.
Things you should know about working at Carpentry Contractors:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every customer.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Pay
- Employee discount
A quick summary of the job:
- You will create building material estimates for single and multi family units customer/contractor supplied blueprints.
- You will partner with your internal and external customers to ensure accuracy on estimates
- You will review material list outputs for accuracy and quality per builder specifications
- You will create and maintain standard operating procedures of all assigned duties
- You will create and update component designs for pre fabrication shop and field installation
We want you to join our team if you can check most of these boxes:
- you have some college education in architectural drafting or estimating preferred or equivalent in experience.
- You have�experience in a building materials or construction related industry.
- You can read blueprints, provide estimates on material needs.
- You have experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Mitek, and/or Javelin
- You have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you�re a team player.
- You are able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- You are organized, very attentive to details, have good math skills, knowledge of building materials such as lumber.
- You are have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up proprietary software.
We thank all applicants for their interest,�however, only those selected for interview based upon experience will be directly contacted.�