Wisconsin Building Supply is a division of US LBM, a leading distributor of specialty building materials in the United States.
Things you should know about working at Wisconsin Building Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
Use computer or technical tools to prepare detailed presentation of building material requirements and or systems for assigned project or related segment.� May design and complete layouts of residential roof and floor systems for pricing and manufacturing.
Essential Job Duties:
- Designs residential roof and floor systems and produces layouts.
- Discusses changes and corrections with engineers, architects and contractors prior to and during construction.
- Presents, sells and follows-up on new jobs.
- Prepares roof truss and truss joist floor layouts.
- Performs job site inspections.
- Produces materials list.
- Determines special notes to append contracts.
- Resolves architectural and design discrepancies.
- Assists in the shipping department.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Read and understand blueprints and detailed technical drawings.
- Use computer or other technical equipment to provide a technically accurate layout (takeoff) of customer order.
- Adhere to local building codes and material constraints when developing material list and design layout.
- Produce final copies for contractor use for bathrooms, kitchens, decks, patios and others as assigned.
- Assist customers as required, providing accurate, timely and thorough customer service.
- Measure and scale projects on-site.
- Attend training as required to maintain current knowledge of drafting and relevant aspects.
- Invoice project, schedule installation and delivery of products and materials.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required��High school or GED, may require an AAS in civil, architectural or design related field, prefer Bachelor�s degree.� Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Minimum experience required�1-year drafting experience in a construction or building materials-related industry.
- Special skills required�Proficient technical writing skills.� Excellent salesmanship and communication skills. Proprietary software, AUTOCAD, computer literate, ability to read technical drawings.
- Special knowledge required�Reading and interpreting blueprints in an architectural related industry.
- Other�PC Literate with Microsoft Office products, AUTO CAD, and other design programs that facilitate learning in-house program with ease.
- Physical demands include sitting for extended periods of time, standing and walking, bending or stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.