Hines Supply is hiring for Experienced Truss and Wall Panel Estimators to join our team!
Hines Supply�has been providing high quality building materials to builders and homeowners in the Chicago area since 1892. Dedicated to providing quality, value and service, Hines operates multiple locations across Illinois.�Hines Supply is a division of U.S. LBM, one of the largest building products distributors in the United States.
This position is for 1st�Shift Monday through Friday 7:00 am � 3:30 pm
Essential Job Duties:
The Truss and Wall Panel Estimator is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Estimating the costs for residential and commercial wood roof truss, floor truss and wall panel systems according to company policy and local building code.
- Assists salesmen as needed with customer orders and materials lists.
- Take-offs as requested.
- Provides assistance to contractors as needed.
- Trains sales representatives in estimating techniques.
- Assist sales staff with blueprint reading and construction procedures.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean work environment while observing all posted safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
- Minimum education required �Technical Degree in engineering or related area or related experience.
- Minimum experience required�2 or more years of truss/wall panel design and building materials related experience.
- Truss Design using Alpine Truss Design Software.
- Special skills required�Ability to read blueprints and other technical materials. Ability to interpret building plans in diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to operate networked computer systems and specialized software application programs and to instruct others in effective use of application software.�� Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
- Special Knowledge required�Understanding of measurements and basic math principles.
- Physical demands include sitting for extended periods of time, standing and walking, bending or stooping.
- Tiered wage system, where promotions are based on ability
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- 401K Retirement program with Company match
- Paid Life Insurance, STD/LTD
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employee Referral Incentives
- Competitive rates
We appreciate your interest in the Truss and Wall Panel Estimator position, only those individuals that meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted.