Turnaround and Restructuring Director
AlixPartners delivers a suite of integrated offerings to support our clients in achieving their business strategy. Our Turnaround & Restructuring Services community advises and/or provides interim management services to underperforming companies or in the representation of their creditor constituents.
With a team of the most respected turnaround professionals in the industry, AlixPartners is widely recognized for its long and successful record in helping companies resolve urgent situations and implement rapid change.
Our professionals share a practical, results-oriented mind-set in which failure is not an option. We work side by side with both management teams and stakeholders to provide a broad range of services to companies and other constituents facing strategic, financial, and operational challenges. Our engagements vary in size and complexity from mid-market to very large cross-border situations. Amongst a very broad line of other services, we serve as the restructuring advisor and/or interim management for insolvencies, bankruptcies, and restructuring cases across a wide range of industries across the globe.
Job Description and Requirements
The TRS Director role is an experienced senior level position that leads and manages client engagement team(s). A TRS Director will have direct restructuring advisory experience with top tier consulting firms and/or CEO/CFO experience with a large global organization(s) that underwent a major restructuring. TRS Directors have strong financial and analytical skills and are able to quickly define, align, and scale the data gathering and assessment based on client needs. Strong interpersonal, and communication skills and executive presence is essential with the ability to lead clients and engagement teams through challenging in-and-out of court turnaround and restructuring situations. Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel is required. At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
Preferred location is New York, Dallas, Houston or Chicago. Paid relocation is not available.
Directors in Turnaround & Restructuring Services at AlixPartners, LLP typically have:
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant restructuring / distressed experience in a professional service or consulting firm environment.
- Prior hands-on experience building / developing / overseeing integrated 3-statement financial and 13 week cash flow models.
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning, scaling, and assessing data modeling with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors and conclusions.
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements that achieved desired results, often times exceeding client expectations.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Understanding and the ability to adapt to complex client environments and situations.
- Expertise defining, communicating, motivating and driving change at executive levels and across the broader community of stakeholders.
- Exceptional negotiation skills with complex/sophisticated situations involving senior level stakeholders.
- Able to develop credible recommendations under shortened time constraints and imperfect information.
- A ‘big picture point of view’, recognizing critical areas requiring analysis and review. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Balanced and flexible, anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Experience synthesizing complex unstructured information rapidly and applies good business judgment driving quickly to deep insights into possible impacts and solutions.
- Are Thought Leaders and have experience delivering innovative solutions with the development of new tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Proven track record of effectively planning for and proactively mitigates risks on projects and work streams.
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts and interest.
- In addition to self, generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- Expert written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Outstanding at impromptu communication under pressure.
- Engenders client confidence and trust with executives at all levels. Builds counseling relationships with clients and peers.
- Works effectively at all levels - Managing Directors, peers etc..
- Effective mentor to team members. With an interest in their career progression.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An undergraduate degree from a top academic institution and a strong GPA required.
- Advanced degree(s) and applicable professional certification(s) are preferred.
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters – in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), protected veteran status or status as a disabled individual. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.