Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing superior customer service to customers, volunteers, and donors. Primary responsibilities include product handling, cashiering, and closing out TurnStyles stores. EEO
- Ensures that each customer receives superior service.
- Accountable for timely closing of the store, including the daily close-out and accuracy of cash registers.
- Ensure sales floor is kept to standards outlined in store operations guide; must be on the sales floor 100% of the time to be available to customers and attend cash registers.
- Follow TurnStyles Operation Guide with specific attention to POS operations (including cash handling), product handling, and sales floor maintenance
- Provide direction to volunteers as needed
- Ensures compliance with Catholic Charities Employee Handbook and TurnStyles policies and procedures
- Open/Close store Monday thru Saturday
- Other duties assigned
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- High school education preferred.
- One year of retail experience, Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate well with employees, volunteers, donors and customers. Must be able to handle complaints in a tactful manner
- Ability to lift, move and handle merchandise throughout the store (sometimes over 50 pounds)
- Must be available to work Monday thru Friday and Saturday as needed.
Must pass background check and drug screen
- Will be required to s for long periods of time; may also be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 5 hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others