We are looking for energetic, positive individuals to work as online instructors (tutors) for Lindamood-Bell® Learning Processes. We teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential, including those with a previous diagnosis such as dyslexia or autism spectrum disorder.
Lindamood-Bell instruction is implemented by instructors we call Clinicians, under the guidance of Learning Center instructional leaders utilizing our co-founders' evidence-based programs. Clinicians work with students individually, or in small group settings, implementing specific lesson plans for reading, language comprehension, and math. They may also facilitate curriculum for students enrolled in our private school, Lindamood-Bell Academy.
These positions are seasonal. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, screening and interviewing will be conducted remotely via Zoom or phone. Paid training in the programs used by Lindamood-Bell will be provided remotely as well. At this time, instruction will be conducted remotely from your home. Your work location may transition to in-center instruction in the future. Required hours during the paid training are generally 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, for two weeks. Following the training, as a seasonal employee, your hours may vary week-to-week according to instructional needs.
Lindamood-Bell Instructor Expectations:
- Utilize a Socratic questioning method to help students develop their language and literacy skills.
- Implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximize learning in a cheerful and authentic manner.
- Possess excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills.
- Possess strong computer skills and the ability to type notes about student performance while leading engaging sessions.
- Have a passion for helping others reach their potential.
- Provide one-to-one and/or small group instruction online, based upon each client’s learning needs.
- Work with the Center Director or Center Manager, Associate Center Director, and Consultants to implement client instruction plans.
- Facilitate the use of curriculum provided for Lindamood-Bell Academy students.
- Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Use provided technology to facilitate online instruction and manage client records.
Remote Work Requirements:
- Strong and reliable internet connection required. Offers of employment will be contingent upon passing the Company’s required internet speed test.
- Ability to use equipment such as headphones, document camera, webcam, laptops/Chromebooks to engage and instruct clients. Lindamood-Bell will provide all the necessary computer equipment.
- Availability of a workspace that meets Lindamood-Bell show standards: desk or table, simple background, adequate lighting, uninterrupted by sound or other people/pets.
We believe in the importance of investing in our employees so all members of our Star Cast can succeed to their potential. Eligibility for insurance benefits, discounts, and additional perks varies with employment level, location, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
If you become part of our Star Cast, here are possible benefits for which you can be eligible:
- Employees in some states may be eligible for sick pay.
- Employees who meet specific criteria may be eligible for a 401(k).
- Company-wide discounts on many services and products including Apple products, cell phones, and auto rental deals.
Lindamood-Bell is an internationally recognized leader in the field of education. Our Learning Centers are located in the United States, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, and the United Kingdom. In addition to our learning centers, we provide professional development to educators around the world. Over the years we have partnered with institutions including the University of Washington, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, MIT, Wake Forest University, and Georgetown University, to allow for independent analysis of our instruction. Our work has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and has been reviewed in scientific journals such as Nature, Neuron, and NeuroImage. Reporting on our success has appeared in Newsweek, US News, and World Report, CNN, BBC, and PBS, among others.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com.
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants with criminal histories.
Please see above.
Please see above.
Instructor, Educator, Teach, Teacher, Tutor, Tutoring, Education, Training, Learning, Clinician
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts