YMCA Youth Sports Coaches act as a positive role model by maintaining a safe environment through RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, HONESTY, and CARING.
- Knowledge of sport rules and coaching principles (resources available)
- CPR/AED and First Aid preferred (training opportunities available)
- Ability to facilitate safe and educational meetings and team practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create a safe and nurturing environment
- Successful completion of child abuse prevention training and background check
Management & Planning:
- Attend coaches meeting and complete all required training
- Schedule practice times and locations
- Facilitate weekly practices and games in a safe manner
- Ensure YMCA policies and procedures are followed by participants and families
- Maintain YMCA equipment & return at the end of each season
- Share information with parents/guardians, including but not limited to practice and game schedules, sports rules, YMCA policies and procedures, etc.
- Respond to YMCA staff in a timely manner including practice times and locations
- Utilize tools to ensure on-going communication about schedules
- Share information to help participants develop fundamental understanding for the game
- Share feedback with YMCA staff to improve experience for participants and volunteers
- Support YMCA staff and officials during practice and games
- Act as mandatory reporter and ensure all youth are safe
The YMCA of Greater Omaha strives to create safe environment for all. As a youth serving organization we work proactively to ensure youth are can grow, learn and have fun. We take child abuse very seriously and work proactively to reduce any risk while in our care. All employees and volunteers are required to complete abuse prevention training and agree to respond to any issues they may witness as well as successfully complete a full-background check before placement is confirmed.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.