Tylerâ€™s Camp offers Delawareâ€™s rising 4th through 8th graders a unique summer experience. Each Tylerâ€™s Camp location targets a wide variety of students by providing arts, hands-on technology, and athletic options, alongside targeted literacy support. With this, students have the opportunity to see growth in their motivation, self-esteem, critical thinking, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills.
The SEL Instructor is a leader in social-emotional learning and leadership. As the SEL Instructor, major responsibilities include:
- Participate in required teacher training in late June.
- Collaborate effectively with Tylerâ€™s Camp Counselors.
- Communicate effectively with Tylerâ€™s Camp Counselors, Directors, and Deans.
- Assist with the course evaluation process and participate in weekly curriculum review as requested.
Candidates need to possess proven experience in:
- Teaching/working withâ€‹ middle school â€‹youth â€“ at least two years preferred.
- Teaching/working with low-income youth â€“ at least two years preferred.
- Building an engaging and positive classroom culture with clear and high expectations.
- A Bachelorâ€™s Degree -- graduate or professional degree is preferred.
- A strong sense of integrity, professionalism, and responsibility.
- A strong work ethic with high expectations of self and a team-first mentality.
- At least a solid level of exposure to, interest in, and understanding of, social-emotional learning.
- Grit â€” positive energy, an openness to feedback, flexibility, resilience, and stamina.
- Patience and empathy.
- A definitive interest in a career serving young people.
- All legal employment requirements.
- Other core competencies needed to effectively fulfill the positionâ€™s responsibilities.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by JazzHR