The Control and Autonomous Systems Engineering Group is focused on the synthesis of dynamic and complex control and autonomous systems, from concept to realization, for a wide variety of prototypes. Prototype applications span mission areas such as space control, air, missile and maritime defense, communication and tactical systems, homeland protection, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems. The group has expertise in dynamic stabilization and platform control, advanced autonomy, pointing, acquisition and tracking, guidance, navigation and estimation, robotics, mapping, intra- and inter-system planning (e.g. swarming), demanding real-time embedded software and firmware control, image processing, machine learning, human-machine interaction, space-qualified electronics, and analog and power electronics. Applied research and development projects include space optical payloads, small satellites, airborne laser radars and imaging systems and autonomous air, ground and maritime systems.
This group operates two Autonomous Systems bases, one located within the main buildings of our customer’s campus, and the other a fully instrumented hangar on Hanscom Air Force used for autonomous systems testing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This position is for an engineering specialist to lead the day-to-day operations of two Autonomous Systems (AS) bases. Both utilize motion capture and physics-based projections to support engineering staff from across the organization as well as outside business and academic partners in the development of prototypes from implementation to field testing.
Responsibilities include design, setup, and test execution, data collection and analysis, development and build of special test fixtures, software, and circuits within the AS Labs. Help troubleshoot and address root cause of signal anomalies with potential to impact tests and demonstrations.
Responsibilities also include maintaining and upgrading a fleet of various robots and autonomous vehicles including exempted drone platforms and providing tours and demonstrations of the AS bases and its capabilities.
Within the AS, this role is responsible for coordinating potential concurrent use requests from both internal and external partners, collecting and reviewing test plans, and leading safety training for users of this space. He/She will support the implementation of prioritized infrastructure projects, ensure compliance with various regulatory bodies, and identify potential areas to develop additional capabilities for increased breadth and depth of program support.
In addition to the operations of the AS Labs, this role is expected to support sponsored programs and projects with test setup and data collection.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• Graduation from a two-year technical school in Electro/ Mechanical/ Robotic/ Software design from an accredited technical institute or at least 5 years directly related experience.
• Active UAV flight certification is required.
• Use of Linux operating systems and experience with C/C++, and experience with ROS and Python is required.
• Hands-on knowledge of electronic and computer equipment, software, and testing techniques are required.
• Able to operate heavy machinery and obtain certifications for safety (working at heights) and UAV operation and piloting.
• Familiarity with the use of spreadsheets, word processing, and graphical software for recording experimental data is also required.
• Experience with collaboration, version control, and tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA required.
• The successful candidate will be well organized, self-driven, creative, detail-oriented, and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• This position requires strong interpersonal skills, the ability to grow and maintain relationships across the organization, and be the SME for the AS bases.
• Must be able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced and growing environment.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Prior experience with integrated circuit test equipment, device probing, and electronic discharge mitigation techniques is desirable.
• CAD experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of LabVIEW and experience interfacing with sensors and controlling motors is highly desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems and patching is desirable but not required.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.