Pinnacle is seeking aUAS Platform Instructor (UGS non-incumbent)to support our Servicesbusiness area. Pinnacle, headquartered in Huntsville, AL, is a leading innovator, developer, and provider of defense and aerospace products and services. Pinnacle fosters a work-hard, play-hard corporate culture, with many opportunities for advancement and career progression in a fast-paced organization that is experiencing exponential growth. Celebratingour 10th Anniversary, Pinnacle has been on the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017! While Pinnacle offers competitive, traditional benefits, we are excited about the recent implementation of an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)!
**This requisition is for those NOT currently supporting the UAS Training Battalion, and wanting consideration to become an UGS Instructor at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. Employment Contingent Upon Contract Award**
Individuals serving as Platform Instructors (UGS) are required to provide instruction to military personnel per the following general and specific requirements:
General Instructor requirements:
1. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers complex training programs.
2. Establishes and reviews course content as required.
3. Maintains records of training activities and participant progress.
4. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
5. May provide leadership and evaluation for other instructors, as assigned.
6. Stays current with new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
7. Maintains current knowledge (currency) of all equipment and software utilized by our customer in this area.
8. Participates in special projects within the scope of the Performance Work Statement (PWS), as required.
Specific topics, subject to change with doctrine or course updates:
1) Recognition of critical weather situations from the ground and in flight, wind shear avoidance and proper use of aeronautical weather reports and forecasts.
2) Principles of aerodynamics, power plants, and aircraft systems.
3) Airfield Operations, traffic patterns, airfield lighting, landing indicators, signage and markings.
4) Airspace Operations in the National Airspace System and tactical environments.
5) Air Traffic Control rules, regulations, and interactions.
6) Radio communications procedures.
7) Compute aircraft performance based on effects of density altitude, weight and balance, and weather.
8) Applicable Federal and Military Aviation Regulations.
9) Use of aeronautical charts for Visual Flight Rules (VFR) navigation using pilotage, dead reckoning, and navigation systems.
10) Safe and efficient operation of aircraft, including collision avoidance, and recognition and avoidance of wake turbulence.
11) Aeronautical decision making.
12) Flight planning and preflight action that includes information on runway lengths at airports of intended use, data on takeoff and landing distances, weather reports, fuel requirements, and emergency procedures to system specific training in the operation of Shadow 200 and Gray Eagle UAS.
13) Operations IAW AR 95-23, TC 3-04.11, and TC 3-04.45 preparatory to system specific training in the operation of Shadow 200 and Gray Eagle UASSKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1) NOT a current employee working on the WFF contract in support of 15W MOS Common Core (current employees apply to different req)
2) Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an instructor in an Aviation field
3) Strong interpersonal, coaching and team building skills
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5) Must be able to ascend and descend stairs; stand for an extended period of time up to at least 50 minutes and walk at least 100 meters across uneven or unpaved surfaces
6) Experience with the U.S. Army or other Government contracting agencies.
7) Must be a US Citizen
8) Prior TRADOC experience
9) One year experience supporting the Shadow 200, Hunter, Pioneer, Predator, Warrior-A, GrayEagle UAS Common Core Training
10) Familiarity with ISO- certified Quality Management System
11) Prior experience in Unmanned Aircraft System training, development and operations programs
12) Current active US Secret ClearanceEDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Degree preferred; High School Graduate, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or work/military experience required.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (Certifications, Etc.)
Completion of the 15W UGS, FAA Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI), or FAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) certification.
Must be able to support rotational shiftwork
Travel up to 15% required.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Pinnacle Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans