Job DescriptionJob #: 1016054
Role: Senior Level UC Engineer x2
Location: Columbia, MD
Client: Service Provider
Duration: Direct Hire, FTE
Our client enables the mission critical, real-time communication applications of the world’s most important operations. As a global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, our client offers a complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications— offered on premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid. Today’s digital world requires communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya.
- Design, implementation, configuration, daily operation and upgrading of core Avaya Aura Products including System Manager, Session Manager, Communications Manager, Media Server, Voice Gateways G450/G430/G650, CM ESS and Local Survivability using Session Manager, Application Enablement (AES), Contact Center Products (Elite) SIP trunking, and SIP endpoints.
- Perform discovery of customer telephony environments for configuration and requirements gathering
- Lead active deployment of Avaya Aura unified communication systems.
- Mentor and develop engineering resources.
- Participate in P1/P2 escalation calls and provide customer timely updates.
- Troubleshoot TLS (encrypted SIP) communication, phone registrations, dropped calls, runway audio communications, core infrastructure issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex SIP related issues
- Identify SIP Specs and packets
- Manage escalations
- 5+ years of experience as a UC Engineer
- Must have strong experience with Avaya Voice Gateways, Avaya Aura Systems Manager 6.x, Session Manager 6.x, Communications Manager 6.x., voice protocols such MGCP, H323, SIP, SIP Trunking,
- Experience working on complex dial plan configuration in Session Manager and Communication Manager, call handler, auto-attendants and attendant console
- Proven success of working on voice projects and teams related to Avaya Aura unified communications deployments.
- Must be proficient of the SIP protocol and the interoperability testing
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SSA Suitability clearance
- Experience as engineering team lead.
- Avaya Aura System Manager 7.x., Avaya Aura Session Manager 7.x, Avaya Aura Communications Manager 7.x, and Avaya Aura Media Server 7.x.
- ProVision configuration tools for adding and updating configuration.
- Relevant certifications (Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS), Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS), Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS), Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA),
- Experience with QoS,
- Contact Center experience,
- Knowledge of Avaya applications such as Equinox, Breeze, SBC, and OfficeLinx.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.