Halifax Health/UF Health is seeking a Financial Counselor for the UF Health ACU Neuro Department.
Please click the following link to apply online and search position #67079- UF Health - Careers
To deliver excellent patient centered service by facilitating established financial processes that enable and expedite the billing and collection of professional services. This includes: entering charges; applying coding/billing rules; maximizing collections; verifying insurance; obtaining authorizations for services; reviewing patient account detail; and financial counseling of patients. Accountable for resolution of front-end edits, rejections, and information requests to achieve practice goals. This position interacts directly with internal and external customers of the practice. May be required to float to other UFHP practices or flex time, as needed, for staffing.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of business/financial/physician practice experience required, e.g., preferably related to patient accounts and collections required. Four-year degree may substitute for two years of financial/physician office experience.
- Associate degree or equivalent course work may substitute for the one year required experience.
- Knowledge of CPT and diagnosis coding preferred.
- EPIC system knowledge preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills required.
- Incumbent must be comfortable collecting payments and counseling patients regarding financial matters in a professional manner.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, problem solve and function in a team environment are necessary attributes of the successful incumbent.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.