RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a UI Designer in Austin, Texas (TX).
As part of a highly collaborative team, you own the visual UI definition and execution for web, mobile web, and native app experiences. Partnering with design leads in visual and interaction design, you will work from existing visual styles, and define new styles as needed. You will present rationale for design decisions, and be able to articulate those decisions to design, product, and engineering teams across locations.
Through your work you exhibit a thorough understanding of user needs, and also the importance of delivering against business goals. You are able to work both independently, and collaboratively, problem solving and delivering design systems that meet the highest level of execution demanded by the UA brand, and result in memorable and beautiful experiences for the customer.
- Define visual systems that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons
- Deliver and execute finished UI for web, mobile web, and native app via Sketch files delivered in Zeplin
- Work with engineers to implement the design, including testing and visual QA of the builds
- Document and deliver style guides that capture the working components of delivered systems
- Consider global requirements for your work (e.g. longer text in translations, cultural considerations, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience executing UI and visual design for web and mobile
- Proficiency of visual design discipline - typography, grids, color theory, iconography, composition, etc.)
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe suite, Zeplin, InVision, and executing within sprint methodologies
- Ability to articulate and/or execute motion design
- Strong communication skills (in person, over WebEx, in email, in documentation)
- Strong collaborator and a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, product owners, product managers, and engineers
- Able to thoroughly understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform design
- Best-in-class project deliverables (concepts, rationale, assets, comps etc.)
- Passionate about your approach to creative problem solving though design methods and have a strong handle on visual design with an acute sensibility for user experience design
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.