The UI/UX Specialist is responsible for driving the digital banking experience, conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. The UI/UX Specialist will design web and mobile interface applications to support the needs of our evolving member's and employee's use of digital products and help determine the look and feel of Golden 1 web properties. This means collaborating with other business units, product teams, and conducting research to effectively translate business requirements into functional, achievable designs that help deliver on our business objectives and goals. This includes creating concepts, visual mock-ups, and presenting designs form the user perspective to key stakeholders.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
* Initiate, suggest, and spearhead UI changes for a more intuitive user-experience.
* Map the customer experience or journey across the organization and suggest improvements.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of credit union compliance including understanding how to design using ADA WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
* Lay out a web design with strong web design experience with creating wireframes, user flows, and understanding navigation paradigms.
* Understand the Web design space: grid systems, responsive design, and design trends.
* Manage and conduct user research and persona development.
* Work closely with stakeholders to identify research topics.
* Facilitate/moderate user-centered design research activities such as: Interviews, Focus Groups, Card Sorting, Contextual Inquiry, Heuristic Studies, Usability Testing and/or Surveys.
* Coordinate and conduct all user recruiting for the following research activities: Identify target users and associated criteria needed for recruiting, engage various partner teams on identifying then engaging the user types; track and manage recruiting activities for each study down to the participant level.
* Analyze member feedback collected via online/mobile feedback mechanisms as well as any feedback collected through the Contact Center, Branch Channels, Member Satisfaction surveys, then identify trends and opportunities for experience improvements.
* Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
* Create proper reporting and present findings and recommendations to various audiences.
* Continually keep up to date with the latest changes in industry's standards.
* Other related duties as assigned.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent education and professional experience.
* Experience working with both front and back end development teams to ensure that designs can be supported in a technically sound manner
* A proven record of UX research & ability to follow UX best-practices
* 5 years of experience delivering successful work for entire product areas for web and other digital platforms
* 5 requirements discovery, solution conceptualization, cross-functional collaboration, prioritization, influencing decision-making, and user advocacy in an enterprise environment
* Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders
* Experience conducting user research and usability testing preferred
* Maintains composure and resilience in situations where "adaptability" is required
* Excellent facilitation, communication, and presentation skills a must
* Extremely detail oriented
* Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
* Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills to balance multiple demands
1. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
2. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
3. Corrected vision within the normal range.
4. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
5. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff.
2. EXTERNAL: Vendors, management, other financial institutions and other contact centers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled