Responsible for both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help the company grow the customer base of the GreyBar application(s).
- Responsible for gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Business Competencies: Time Management, Business Process Analysis, Goal Setting, Action Planning
- Consulting: Relationship Building, Writing, Implementation Planning, Problem Solving, Collaboration, Presentation Skills
- Technical: Leading client review sessions, Managing Revision Process, Designing Implementation Plans, Risk Analysis, Quality
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings communications, office systems, and record keeping
- Should have experience gathering requirements including the definition of system users and goals, translating these into user stories and then producing associated design documentation for sprints.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written. Written skills should include extensive technical documentation experience
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and be able to communicate changes in scope and schedule to others on the team.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Agile/Lean development methodology
- Understands the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to accurately estimate the level of effort required for planned designs.
- Adapt to a rapidly moving client focus.
- Willingness to travel (US) up to 10%
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- 4+ years experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.