For over thirty years, DEKA Research & Development Corp. has made Manchester, New Hampshire home. Housed in the largest industrial complex of its time, the historic Amoskeag Millyard, DEKA employs a team of professionals, whose engineering, design, manufacturing and quality expertise make DEKA a hot spot for creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies. Located about an hour from Boston, the beach, and the mountains, DEKA is one of the leading research and development companies in the country and is the birthplace of some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time.
DEKA Research & Development is looking for a talented, energetic, passionate, and responsible UI/UX & Visual Designer to join us to tackle significant health, ability, mobility, and social problems. A successful candidate should be capable of collaborating with teams of highly technical engineers, industrial designers, and human factors specialists. You are expected to be able to handle project level responsibilities and should be deadline-driven with a focus on high-quality output.
- Creating UI/UX design (e.g. mobile apps, embedded devices, websites, and desktop software) and visual design (e.g. graphic design for products, manuals, brands, and video) in collaboration with other design team members as well as the project teams
- Performing the full process of UI/UX design from inquiring the user experience, developing concepts and interactive prototypes of user interface design, produce wireframes, flow diagrams, detailed specifications, and other design related documentation
- Performing the full process of visual design including concept development, iterations, photograph and video, and the final production
- Providing creative responses to UX issues that arise during development and usability testing
- Producing intuitive and aesthetically pleasing UI designs and maintaining cohesive aesthetic language across multiple interface formats
- Creating, improving, and maintaining the brand and websites of DEKA and its relative businesses
- Supporting visual design needs across multiple projects as requested
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college majoring in Design related to Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a UI/UX & Visual Designer
- Ability to execute above mentioned UI/UX and visual design tasks independently and collaboratively
- Ability to build and communicate concepts to project teams through presentations, prototype demonstrations and simulations
- Ability to analyze research and evaluation results and to make innovative and effective design changes to improve the user experience
- Knowledge of UI design principles including flow, layout, typography, color, and transitions
- Experience designing user interfaces for a variety of mediums (desktop, touch screen, mobile, etc.) and different platforms (Android, iOS, etc.)
- Fluency in the user-centered design methods, including usability testing, concept testing, and task flows
- Fluency in UI/UX and visual design tools (Adobe suite including Adobe XD, Axure), video editing and animation tools (such as Premiere, After Effects, Animate), and web design tools (such as Dreamweaver and WordPress)
- Strong written, verbal, visual communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Medical device experience is a plus
- Applicants must provide a digital portfolio (or a link to his/her website) that shows examples and processes of work upon applying for the position. Applicants who do not provide examples of work will not be considered.